A bump in the road

My journey continues ….
 but, I think I just fell off a cliff.

Carson came from his 2 day stint with
the marine recruiter.  He got an 85 on
his ASVAB test.  

That is a good score, and means just about
every job is now available to him . 

Alright, so he can have a good job, that will 
carry over to a good job in the private sector, 
when he gets out.  That's good. 

So he'll go in, get his training, become a man,
hoorah,  Semper Fi, then he's out. Alright.
4 years active, 4 years reserve, ok, ok,
Yea I got this.

And we're moving forward.

He comes home and hands me his
bio metrically signed contract,binding
him to the armed forces for the next 8 years.

As I read over the straight forward contract
that screams YOU CAN BE IN BATTLE on
every line, I start to feel a bit of nausea
creeping in.

In an effort to refocus, stay positive, and
move onward, I say so what job        
do you think you want to sign up for?

Special Forces he says

WHAT  THE   F***

I’ll be in the bathroom throwing up.



If you like today's story, leave a comment, share it through email, twitter or facebook via the little boxes below, and come back again. ~ Thanks for reading !!

No comments:

Post a Comment