Curse you Fireman Bob


Apparently there have been quite a lot of advances in air production technology, since I last bought a hair dryer in 1968.  (Yes I was only 2 and bald then, but never you mind).

As we all know from a previous blog, husband, acting on behalf of Fireman Bob, threw out my very old, but more or less working, tried and true, hairdryer.  When multiple attempts to towel dry my bangs failed and I could no longer wear a winter hat during work, I faced the inevitable, and bought a new one. 

I am not afraid of change, it’s just Mr. New & Shiny, with its instantaneous off / on switch, has not yet, won me over.  The new plug does not jiggle in the outlet, causing the breaker to blow like the old one, (hey GFI outlets need monthly testing you know), the new one, has no “delayed start” as it slowly builds up speed and noise, giving you the “on your mark, get set, go” count down, so highly desired on a Monday morning – you just turn on the switch and are immediately in “hurricane mode”, causing makeup, dog hair, and small children, to blow across the room without warning. 

Gone is the final step of the procedure, where I would poof my bangs with a gentle blast of air, thus completing the good hair process for the day.  With my new Tornado 4000, an attempted “poofing” leaves me looking like a cartoon character, after watching a horror movie. 

What used to be a 5 minute, respectful, give and take conversation, between a hairdryer and bangs, has been replaced with a 20 minute attack from a drill sergeant with an inferiority complex, acting on behalf of forced hot air, everywhere.  

We are still in the “adjustment phase” of this relationship.    


If you like today's story, leave a comment, share it through email, twitter or facebook via the little boxes below, and come back again. ~ Thanks for reading !!

No comments:

Post a Comment