Weekend Highlights


Here are some of the Dibbles weekend highlights


All traces of dog poop, weeds & debris have been eliminated and replaced with mulch, thus removing the back yard from the “dangerous travel” list. 

Spike the pole vaulting dog, discovered the joys of flying over the pond & 4 ft fence, in his eternal quest for freedom, and was chased throughout the neighborhood several times.

Repugnant signs of man, woman & beast were removed from 3 floors, 32 windows, 4 bathrooms, 3 sets of stupid stairs & entire too many lineal feet of custom interior molding by Dibbles Carpentry, and are now sparkling clean.  All property will remain unsoiled, provided I walk behind the children, dogs & spouse, with the vacuum running.

During Saturday’s open house, Husband, Seamus, Spike & I, spent entirely too much time together in the car in family bonding hell, however, someone Husband coached in ice hockey came thru the house, and apparently he & his wife were interested.  He is a great kid and I would LOVE for them to buy it. 

On Sunday afternoon, Spike & Seamus visited Mom Mom & Pop Pop, and I am pleased to report, no chatchka was harmed. 

Another couple, who had been through the house for a showing, came back through during Sunday’s open house, and told the realtor, they haven’t purchased and keep comparing every home to ours …. That could be promising. 

Regrettably there are casualties to report, as in the case in every battle.  We are a few goldfish down, lost to a beautiful blue heron, and in a skirmish with the kitchen sink, & scuffle with a window screen, we lost 2 fingernails soldiers.  Sadly, the respective confrontations left several more in grave condition as well.  They fought a brave fight and will be sorely missed.

With a creak in my step, back pain that I’m coming to terms with, & muscles I never knew existed, cursing me, I leave my picture perfect homeland, and limp to work willingly, anxious to sit still for 8 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment