Mondays are weak


I would like to make a funny sexual innuendo catch phrase here about how I frequently wake up with strangers in my bed, that would hook readers, and encouraging them to read on, but it is Monday, and well enough said.

My bed is like a revolving door.  Most of time husband and I go to bed at the same time, or, if I can no longer keep my eyes open, I’ll command Seamus to get up on the bed, and snuggle with me.   Lest any member of my family thinks I won’t share this information; yes I do talk to Seamus.  I mean he is really cute, and everyone knows when you see a really cute creature, you are required to tell them they are cute, (as if those manipulative demon imps don’t already know it), and when you tell a demon imp it is cute, you run the risk of saying it, in a way that indicates, you are an idiot.  When it comes to Seamus, on occasion, I talk nonsensically to him, in a high pitch voice, with lots of made up words, telling him how adorable he is, and, I call this: “speaking Japan to him”.  (I actually do it now, just to annoy Husband, and embarrass my kids, while sending the message; “Be careful mom could become certifiable, at any moment”.)  You may find it surprising, that Seamus shows no appreciation or gratitude, when I speak Japan to him. (He’s so stuck up) 

What starts out as 2 mild mannered humans and one canine going to sleep, often morphs into “yet another night from hell”.  Doot doot dooo.  You never know when, or what, you are going to wake up to, and, to up the ante; you have 2.4 seconds to identify the foreign creature by the correct name, or risk certain admonishment (that will carry forth to daylight) from the insulted child, aghast that you called them the wrong name, at 3 in the morning.    

On any given night, any, and or all, of the following situations could occur.  #4 will crawl into bed with us if he wakes up to go to the bathroom, #2 will sometimes by pass his room and fall asleep on our bed, #1 will come in to let us know she’s home safely and pass out in our bed, #3 is currently way to cool to be caught dead if our bed, so if I see him, I know he doesn’t feel good, #1 & #2’s significant others have also been included as well.  Last week #1, 22 freaking year old #1, woke me up to tell me her tummy hurt.  If Husband gets up to use the bathroom, Spike will jump in his spot immediately,  and Seamus, who starts the night curled up in a ball trying to get away from me, ends up a100 lbs of sprawling furry mess, taking up ¼ of the bed. 

Thank goodness for a king size bed – but sometimes it is just easier to sleep in the chair of death.  


If you like today's story, leave a comment, share it through email, twitter or facebook via the little boxes below,  and come back again. ~ Thanks for reading !!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting Story, I like your stories! Clict ;)
    Have a great day "2" day.

    ReplyDelete